Scuba Diving Travel Insurance for the Over-60s
2 September 2020
it can be difficult when you are over 60 to get SCUBA diving travel insurance. However, Divemaster Insurance has no age limits.
(553 votes, 4.9/5)
Dive Master Insurance
Dive Master Insurance policies now include coverage for some coronavirus related risks, including (depending on country of residence):
- You test positive for COVID-19 and have to cancel your holiday.
- You test positive for COVID-19 and require hospital treatment whilst on holiday.
- You test positive for COVID-19 and need to cut short your holiday or require repatriation.
Dive Master Insurance is different from most insurers in that they let you buy stand-alone diving insurance to accompany your existing travel insurance. You can buy diving cover with no depth limits. (Dives over 80 m should be supported, and deeper than 130 m must be agreed with the underwriters.) They also offer dive equipment insurance - including for camera flooding, technical diving and dive professional insurance.
- dive equipment insurance - this is for a year's cover worldwide and you can include flooding underwater cameras,
- technical diving insurance,
- dive professional liability insurance - indeed they guarantee to beat any like quote by 10%,
- club instructor liability insurance,
- dive trade insurance and
- boat insurance
We believe the details we've given here to be accurate, but please always read the policy details at the insurers' web sites to confirm. Details may be different depending on your country of residence.