Thistlegorm Photo GalleryTweet
Welcome to the Thistlegorm underwater photo gallery. Please click a photo for an enlargement. (All photos copyright the photographer. Please ask for non-commericial re-use of these photos.)
The Thistlegorm is one of the top ten dives in the world. It's an amazing wreck. Sunk in 1941 whilst carrying a cargo of war supplies, it still holds tanks, trucks, motorbikes, rifles etc. Thistlegorm is Gaelic for Blue Thistle. A British vessel, it was attacked from the air and sunk in 1941. More details on the Thistlegorm...
For more underwater photos see:
- Shipwrecks from the Egyptian Red Sea
- by Ned Middleton, Hardback, 196 pages (2006)
See more details....
- The Underwater Photographer: Digital and Traditional Techniques
- by Martin Edge, Paperback, 536 pages (2009)
Recommended by the SCUBA Travel photographers. See more details....
- Adobe Photoshop for Underwater Photographers
- by J & S Drafahl, 224 pages (2007). Buy from amazon.co.uk or and amazon.com
- A Diver's Guide to the Art of Underwater Photography
- by Andrea and Antonella Ferrari Available from amazon.co.uk, and amazon.com
- The Silent World DVD
- by Jaques Couseau.
Includes footage of the finding of the Thistlegorm. Available from Ebay .