Books to Take on your Australia trip.
- Diving Australia: A Guide to the Best Diving Down Under
- by Neville Coleman, Paperback, PeriPlus Editions, 332 pages (2004)
- Atlas of Australian Dive Sites
- by Keith Kockton, Paperback, HarperCollins, 288 pages, (2003)
- Frommer's Portable Australia's Great Barrier Reef
- by Lee Mylne, Paperback, Frommers, 201 pages, (2007)
Tells you about the top dive and snorkel sites, places to stay and things to do on dry land.
- Lonely Planet Diving and Snorkelling Australia's Great Barrier Reef
- by Len Zell, Paperback, Lonely Planet, 160 pages, (2006)
- Top Dive Sites of Australia
- by Becca Saunders, Hardback, New Holland Publishers, 160 pages, (2001)
Often more accurate than some of the other Red Sea dive guides.
- Lonely Planet Perth and Western Australia
- Lonely Planet Publications, Paperback, 296 pages (2007)
- The Rough Guide to Australia
- Paperback, Rough Guides (2009)
- World Ocean Census: A Global Survey of Maritime Life
- by Darlene Trew Crist, Gail Scowcroft and James M. Harding, Hardback, Firefly Books Ltd, 256 pages (2009)
The story of the census of marine life. Extraordinary finds, behind-the-scenes adventures and 250 remarkable photographs.
- Coral Reef Fishes, Indo-Pacific and Caribbean
- by Ewald Lieske and Robert Myers, Harper Collins, 400 Pages, Paperback (February 1999)
An excellent, comprehensive guide to reef fishes, which is small and light enough to pack regardless of amount of diving equipment. Highly recommended for anyone wanting to identify the fish they see whilst diving the tropics.
Read the full review...
- A Photographic Guide to Sea Fishes of Australia
- by Rudie H. Kuiter, Paperback, New Holland Publishers, 144 pages (1997)
- Great Barrier Reef (National Geographic Insight)
- by David Doubilet, Hardback, National Geographic Books, 216 pages (2002)
Includes over 135 photographs, accompanied by essays by renowned photographer Doubilet
Note: If you buy any book through one of these links, the SCUBA Travel site earns a commission (at no extra cost to yourself). Thank you for making your purchases from here.
Please send your comments on the books listed here, suggest more books to list or send us your book reviews. We look forward to hearing from you.